Is your PC Windows Vista ready?

th REAl specs are:

Intel P4 1.2GHz or better 32-bit
256MB minumum, 512MB RAM recommended
A DirectX 9 compatible Video card (AGP or PCI-E)
5.2GB HDD minumum, 8GB if on a network install

Those sound more like it. Although I warn everyone even though I won't have this OS long after its out....if you run it on 256mb ram....it'll lag. Thats why ya need 1gb :)

CrossCech said:
?????????

I've got Vista running on an AMD 3000+ with 512 mb memory (pc2700) laptop ... no problems in graphics of any kind. Stable, crashfree now for 3 weeks. Definitely boots up faster and seems to run more effeciently than when I had XP pro on it. Burn cd's and dvd's using Nero ... cpu seems to handle it just fine. Just my 2 cents.

vista is already out?!!??!?! wtf??

TRD ... it's not that we dont think 1gb should be used ... just dispute the 1 gb minimum. I know various people do more than just burn cd's and dvd's, but I was just pointing out (especially with DVD's) that my cpu usage wasn't 100% as expected when doing tasks such as burning or using apps.
My point is that the specs you first spelled out ... well ... they're incorrect. Dont take it personal ... you didnt test and set the specs - PC-World did. :)

Computergen you are correct ... the Vista Im running is the latest beta from MSDN via my company's partnership with Microsoft.

WIndows is stupid liek that. Always making new os' that when they come the older os no longer have updates or donwloads avaiable to them. Windows and their monopoly.

Question
Obviously ive heard of vista. What are solitude and blackcomb, mentioned earlier in this thread?

Back
Top Bottom