Your highest overclock

M2, schmem two...before you know it, AMD will release ANOTHER socket called G4 or what not...it's annoying how they keep changing sockets. They can never seem to stick with one socket for a while (I remember Socket 754...only lasted two goddamn years).

haha, and you got stuck with it :p Im gonna wait for M2 and see what kind of clocks people get.

Exactly! Well, it was also a matter of budget...the Socket 939/940 and nForce 3 Chipsets were El Expensivo. But, yeah, I got so mad because a year after, they change sockets and Socket 939 gets cheaper. Stuuupid AMD. Haha, that's the only thing I hate about them.

I think we should all just scrap our PC every year for a new one. Mine is going to OWN next year. Make way for the super computer of ComputerForums.

In a way it's good because there's always improvement in new technology. They'll make a dedicated socket just for Athlon X2's. That will be neat to have.

i dont think they will make a socket just for X2's, the M2 socket will be for single and dual cores a like. But i like how Intel is just sticking to socket 775, and not switching around.

It will probably take a long time when multi cores take over and traditional CPUs become extinct. By that time, hopefully a dedicated socket will be used only for multi cores. RIght now, we're sharing the Socket 939 between single and multi core CPUs. I wonder if there are performance bottlenecks in that?

Back
Top Bottom