Your Dream System?

What are these Itaniums? All i know is something about them being 64-bit but not being able to run 32-bit software or something and being high-end server/workstation cpu's. Are they really that...'dreamable'? lol

They are Native-64-bit Processors, they don't run 32-bit Applications, they are Server Processors (Xeons are Workstation Processors). Technically the ones I am talking about are Itanium2s. They were developed by HP and Intel for Servers. They go great together. Singly, an Opteron beats an Itanium2 of the same price, even up to eight Opterons beats eight Itanium2s. But when you stick them together as they were meant to be, they are second to none!

They are imagineable... although a bit expensive :D Especially overclocked to 3Ghz because they are generally 2.0Ghz, and they would all need some serious Cooling :p

I did point out how I would need all my favourite Applications Coded into 64-bit Code. It is not that complicated, and you could pay a company to do it. You can get Windows Server 2003 Datacentre that will Operate it quite well, built for it even, so that is fine too. Of course I said Longhorn Server, because I might as well go a little into the future :D

lol, thanks for the info. Damn, i've beens screwed by AMD - Intel powers the most...'imaginable' PC... :mad: lol

From what i've seen, Intel is alot cheaper than AMD. I got an intel because I have no job, and it's a piece of junk...

-2533 MHz, 133 FSB 256kb cache CPU
-64mb video card (integraded)
-CD burner (i stuck a DVD burner in too, it doesn't seem to work anymore...)
-40gb HD, (I also stuck in a nice 320gb HD... They get ****ing HOT!)
-256mb DDR Ram (CL 3?)
-Piece of shit power supply...

I could EASILY go into mad specs, but I don't feel like it right now. Maybe later :p

If i got a new CPU, I can use my newer board and get a nice nVidia 5500 FX OC in there ;) lol. But oh well, I could really do for a dream.

Andrew2020 said:
If I has 30,000 To blow right now. I would walk down to VooDoo Computers and I would buy this computer.

OMEN Extreme Gamer Intel
Voodoo Performance and Stability Re-Engineering
Voodoo Renowned Cabling System
IS09001:2000 Quality Control Standards
Voodoo Disaster Recovery System II
Free VoodooPC T-Shirt
Voodoo Koeskin System Binder
Voodoo EDGE Aluminium Mousing Surface
Voodoo Illuminated Mask & Airbox
Voodoo MAGA Aluminium Chassis
Eye of the Storm and Electric Veins
ASUS P5ND2-SLI Deluxe Motherboard
Intel Pentium4 EE Dual Core 3.2GHz 800MHz FSB
Voodoo 600 Watt Noisetaker 2.0
Voodoo OMEN Supercharged Intercooler
4 GiG Crucial Ballistix DDR2-667 Memory
Pioneer Dual Layer 16X DVD+-RW
LiteOn 52-32-52 CD-RW
Configure & Enable Onboard RAID(s)
400 GiG HGST Sata 7200 RPM
OMEN Molded Digital Card Reader
250 GiG 7200 RPM External Hard Drive
NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GTX
NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GTX
46" Samsung Syncmaster 8ms Gaming LCD
Soundblaster Audigy2ZS Platinum Pro
Voodoo SOUL 5.1 Wood Pro Monitor Speakers (Not Paintable)
Voodoo GIGABIT Ethernet Connection
No Shipping (Pickup)
Voodoo GameDoctor - 1 Year Membership
FUEL Software Essentials v2.0
Windows XP Professional
Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003
Logitech DiNovo Media Desktop Bluetooth
Logitech Cordless MX1000 Laser Mouse
MOMO Steering Wheel & Pedals
Premium Select Upgrade Assurance
Voodoo PlatinumCare 3 Year

$26229.21 CAD
$21245.66 USD

Now that is a SWEET and believable computer

That's insane it would cost more than a car!!!

$21,245.66?!?!?! Wow, talk about powerhouse PC. Isn't it funny how the final price have that 66 cents added on there? Who cares about that. Lets make it $21, 246. Yeah....

TRDCorolla said:
$21,245.66?!?!?! Wow, talk about powerhouse PC. Isn't it funny how the final price have that 66 cents added on there? Who cares about that. Lets make it $21, 246. Yeah....

And more than half of that isn't even a computer...just warranties, and various things.

Back
Top Bottom