Your Dream System?

DanTheMan89 said:
I personal havent even touched a athlon cpu lol only intel pentium 4 and i would say that they are not hard to fit on to the mobo well i dident think so when i changed my computer case ?

Well do you have the Northwood core or the Prescott core?

DarkBlade got banned? Damn, that guy was pretty cool, i thought. :(

Anyway, fact is, Intel is just all marketing. AMD takes energy consumption into consideration more. Nuff said.

voodoopc.com that is all. I mean i pretty much have my dream system, but to make it a dream, I'd have what I have now built by voodoo :)

Maurice said:
I had a reported post from jac 006, saying "A really senseless post, it's up to you guys. [meaning the mods] not sure if he meant the thread or a particular post, but I say to him, "let it go on, they're enjoying themsellves, don't be such a misery guts."

Maurice
Lol; Lurkswithin editted that post. I was under the impression it was only Root, Matt and Mixx who have no idea what Lurkswithin and Wombat are doing...

Haha, that's a funny name :D

Maurice said:
I think you'll find that the Oxford project appeared to work but didn't, unless of course you know different, I am very interested in fusion power, I just hope it comes about before I shuttle off this mortal coil, what's your view, LK, how long before it's up & working, appreciate an answer this time please.

Maurice [not a funny name,....remember?]
I am pretty sure that it does actually work. Their data, information, News and url=http://www.fusion.org.uk/start/index.html]History[/url] is all on http://fusion.org.uk. Their new one, the one they got around late 2003, is here.

There is so much information on there about it, some of which I can't even admit to understanding, so its probably best for you to have a look around yourself :D But it is going strong, and it is working :D And it looks nicer than Nuclear Power:

start3.jpg

Oh... I knew that :D Who said I didn't know that? I knew that...

Andrew2020 said:
I have 3 Amd and there all broken... You can say all you want about Intel But they are the best even though they are not the fastest.
Seee, that makes sense! Just another story of shoddely made AMD Processors.

Well as we're talking 'Dream' systems, I'd just have a pc that was infinite, I wonder... Can anyone top that?
Hmmm AMD infinite, Infinite RAM DRRInf., Infinite Hdd, PSU InfiniteW, Geforce Infinite.... Wow this is gettin repetetive. You get the drift :)

DanTheMan89 said:
i got Northwood core Why ?

Thought so. Socket 478 (?) processors aren't as hard to insert because you just lift up the side bar thing of the ZIF socket. But, for Prescott cores, the LGA775 sockets are harder to actually insert in because of the unique way the processor is held in.

Lord Kalthorn said:
Seee, that makes sense! Just another story of shoddely made AMD Processors.

Hah! A story that isn't backed up...right :rolleyes:

acphenom said:
Anyway, fact is, Intel is just all marketing. AMD takes energy consumption into consideration more. Nuff said.

Mhm. Intel is a very capable company, but their main weakness is that they tend to concentrate on too many things at once, which in essence takes them longer to get anything out in the market.

Yes, but can you dream about that? I can't, but i can dream about a dual-core Opteron...imagine video-encoding...

How can you dream about something you cannot imagine? Infinate doesn't exist because it depends on the person thinking about it :p To some people 1Thz is Infinate, to others you'd have to add a dozen more zeros to get close... how can you imagine such a thing, when it has no definably stats?

If I were going silly though, I would say a HP SuperDrome; 128 Itanium Processors (the 8Meg Cache ones, overclocked each to 3.2Ghz with Water Cooling), couple score nVidia nForce Professional Boards, couple hundred Gigs of RAM, couple dozen Terabytes of Space, nice thick Fibre Optic Gigabit Internet Backbone Connection, a few 7800 512Meg Cards, four 30inch thin bevelled Monitors, so they fit around me in a Semi-Sphere without much of a noticable gap, Microsoft trackball Explorer Mouse, Microsoft Fingerprint Reader Keyboard, nice Lexmark A3-size Laser Printer, A3 Scanner, DVD-Copier Tower, and Windows Longhorn Server Datacentre Edition for Itanium-Processors to command the power. Along with all my favourite Software, in native 64-bit Forum.

But that is going silly, of course :p

Back
Top Bottom