You Wont believe what HP said!!

palladin the II

Baseband Member
so i got a hewlett packard 4200+ new media center computer. put in a better graphics card, x800 and power supply (500w)....my processor under "mo computer" says 984 mhz and its supposed to be 2.2. then i call Hp and they say they can increase performance, but no cool and quiet technology!?!! what?!!? so an HP cant be 2.2 and quiet at the same time??!! what the ----!??!?! anyone know whats going on? thanks.

Um, they screwed you. They underclocked it. And now you gotta pay for it... Blah.. Just like some big company to do. Just overclock it yourself. Because if its stock processor, and stock cooling then you will be fine.

palladin the II said:
so i got a hewlett packard 4200+ new media center computer. put in a better graphics card, x800 and power supply (500w)....my processor under "mo computer" says 984 mhz and its supposed to be 2.2. then i call Hp and they say they can increase performance, but no cool and quiet technology!?!! what?!!? so an HP cant be 2.2 and quiet at the same time??!! what the ----!??!?! anyone know whats going on? thanks.

CPU's sometimes run slower to save energy. Mine does the same.

Cool and quiet is running when your speed is lowered. When you turn it off, it will run at default speed.

how do i overclock it?? they told me to go to properties and change "energy star" to "always on"

is a 4200+ dual core and x800 with 1gb pretty good? i thought it was. got it for 1020$. i was making my own and it was costing me a lot more, so i thought this was a nice deal.

also, when i play call of duty, it looks worse ever since i changed x300 to x800. any help on this one....thanks again guys..

ps....its friday night, its call of duty night, so any help would be highly appreciated...im shakin' here!!!

What it does is if you arent doing anything it slows down to save energy and whatnot. If you are doin somthing like gaming it will go up higher. My hp did the same thing just not that much. Mine was a 3200+ which is stock 2.2 and it went down to 1.8. Try to see if you can disable it in your bios. If not then well you are going to have to live with it. Try checking it after you have been gaming or somthing just to make sure it is going up to 2.2 ghz

EDIT: For your problem with the graphics have you installed all the latest drivers and everything? Try running a 3dmark test and see if your score is where it should be.

You can't run Cool N' Quiet because it has instability problems in Windows XP without the patch. HP probably isn't authorized to give you the patch, so therefore they cannot enable Cool N' Quiet.

I don't believe it!

My god! It's 4:12am, and i'm slightly tipsy, and I'm only 17! What you gonna do? Drink some more.

Back
Top Bottom