Yet another Overclocking advice thread.

No I believe it is locked at 9x

Also I am running Orthos for the past 5 min and nothing wrong I am using the Blend - stress CPU and RAM setting

Thats good.
I ran it on my machine without overclocking, and it went to blue screen in 5 seconds, so thats very good :p

Yeah, it will be locked, which limits your options, but its better than buying an unlocked processor (Extreme series) and paying triple for it.

Alright so I got my comp to run in windows at FSB 246. 247 would post but never make it into windows and at 246 Orthos would say failure after like 30 seconds. I lowered it to 245 and Orthos would fail after 12 min. Now it is at 244 and I had Orthos Running for 11 hours without failing. I never touched anything on my RAM or voltages I kept it all stock. I did attempt to run 245 with higher voltages but it had a negative effect and Orthos would fail after 4 min. So right now voltages are where they started and my FSB is 244 running at 2196Mhz and it started at 1.81Ghz. I don't know if they could go any furthur or if it would be worth it to push further. But I think my first overclock was a success by my standards lol. Any suggestions on if it could go significantly further?

Now on to my video card, I won't try to push it as far. I kinda just want to learn how to OC my Vid Card just maybe half the maximum I should get.

Also forgot to add that my CPU temp while running Orthos Never got higher than 52 C and Mobo never got higher than 45 C. When Orthos is not running it goes down to 40 C idle for both them.

Thats pretty good.
You could probably go further, but you may have to up the memory at this point, if the voltages upping aren't helping, but theres probably something more to it.

Well I tried to look for a good place to learn how to overclock memory but none are detailed on it. Everywhere is in detail to raise FSB then all guides say when it caps out ease up on your memory and I am like alright well show me where to go for that and all of them don't even so much as show you where to do that or what you should change. The only guide that said anything about what to do said there should be a Memory FSB in the same place you raised your CPU FSB. On mine there is not, or at least nothing obvious.

You see, thats the problem. No one can really give a detailed guide, because it really depends on your hardware, and only your hardware.

There should be a memory part, thats probably set to Auto, with timings, and speeds. But I would have no idea what to tell you to decrease/increase.

If you PM 99Nasha, he'll be able to help I'm sure :)

Alright well I found that spot to go manual but I also don't know what to increase or decrease. I will try to message him.

Back
Top Bottom