Yet another Asus A7V question

Hoodlatch

Solid State Member
Okay, I got my old monster(read:antique) all upgraded and have one last improvement. I have a new PCI 2.0 USB and Firewire card that I have not installed yet.

My question is this: On my bottom PCI slot, there is a small card that has 2 usb ports and one share(?) port. It is connected to the mobo with a small ribbon cable and a 4 wire harness. It says Asus on it(not sure if it came with mobo, I had comp built a few years back). should I just ditch this thing and use my new card in this slot? I currently only have my printer running from one of these usb ports, and I don't even know what the share port is. It kind of looks like a wierd usb port?

Thanks!

The share port is actually an expansion slot on the mobo so it can have more USB or FIrewire ports wihout using a PCI slot. That did came with the mobo

That's what I was hoping. Thanks. I pulled it out and replaced it. It didn't actually use the PCI slot, but it was sitting in front of the bottom slot.

it's perfectly fine for you to yank that out, it's just a couple of usb ports that come with the mobo. as long as you have enough usb ports to run all the stuff you have as usb it's no big deal.

Back
Top Bottom