Yellow Line On Screen

Mossiac

In Runtime
Hi Guys,

I have this curios problem.

I have a thin yellow line (1 Pixel wide) that goes from the top to the bottom of my monitor. I haven't noticed it during POST and Windows loading only when the log on screen appears. But once the PC has been on for a little bit ( about 5 - 10 minutes) it goes away.

I recently air dusted the inside and had an issue reconnecting the DVI cable. And I did a few things in Glary as well at the same time. It was the day after I did all of this that the line appeared.

I have checked the cable connection and that seems ok. Could anything in Glary have done this?? And I have also updated graphic drivers.

My spec is below for you.

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601)
Mother Board: Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H
BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
Processor: AMD PhenomII X4 965 Processor, 3.4GHz(Stock)
Memory: 16GB RAM
Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 550 Ti Memory: 1024 MB
GPU Driver: 9.18.13.2723
Direct X 11

Thank you in advanced for any advise.

Mossiac

Maybe check that your video card is fully seated?

And what did you use to air blast the PC? Canned air or compressor?

I didn't touch the card itself but I can try reseating it. And a can of air. Who ever said air was free lied.

Mossiac

First i would try a different monitor to see if that clears it. then i would uninstall the drivers, then use a driver sweeper. Then reinstall the latest drivers.

Try another monitor, but if you have a flat screen, I'm pointing towards the LCD has a fault. If it goes away, good, but if it doesn't then that's fine, providing you'd be willing to cope with that.

I didn't touch the card itself but I can try reseating it. And a can of air. Who ever said air was free lied.

Mossiac

Haha ;-) its true, surly is no Free Good. I buy these Tekno ones from ebay, there pretty good, but 4 for £13 is not cheap at all!

Anyway, As said, could be a driver error and is most probably this.
I personally wouldn't say the card is not seated properly but could be so worth a push down if you have the side panel off.
A cable pin not correctly inserted (check pins on cable are straight).
If your monitor has an 'Auto Adjust' setting, try this.

Good luck :)

Ok so I was on the PC earlier and noticed that my line that not only did I get accustomed to, but named Geoffrey had gone.

And I'm stuck if it comes back because I had tried everything, reseating card, replugging cables some driver stuff, and none of it worked.

I will let you all know if it is there the next time I go on the PC

Mossiac

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Computer Forums mobile app

Back
Top Bottom