YARGGG!! Temperature Problems

FlightSimBoy

Fully Optimized
Hey, guys.

Went into the bios on my PC for the first time today. Well, I was just playing around with this thing, looking at random stuff... when I saw:

CPU Temp: 55C
Internal Temp: 40C
Remote Temp: 39C

So, now im like :eek: :eek: why would i be getting CPU temps this high when my PC is idle?? it has a pretty good sized HSF on it with a side air duct, so i know its getting good airflow. I even installed a front fan, and it didnt bring any of the temps down. My room right now is about 66 degrees Fahrenheit ( 18 degrees Celsius)

Also, any good programs for monitoring temps? I have tried Everest Home, PC Wizard and Speedfan.. none of these work with my PC.

FYI Bios isn't idle. It puts around a 60-70% load on the CPU. Your board most likely does not support any type of temp monitor programs.

Not sure what the temps should be with the Pentium D processor but I know previous Pentiums run alot hotter than the core2duo line. 55C is warm but possibly not that hot for that cpu. Go to intel's website and run a search for that cpu and they will list suggested operating temps.

I didn't know that the bios puts that much load on it... that actually makes me feel a little better.... yeah, i still think thats a little warm, but it appeared to be stable at the 55C mark....

i looked at Intel's website. turns out that 55C is actually a little cool for the Pentium D 925's. It said average temperature is 63.3 Celsius. WTF? that is REALLY REALLY hot for an average... :/ thats kinda scary... but, hey, its rated for the higher temps and as long at it works, it works..

thanks for all the help.

@ Setishock: yeah, i have one of those.. also, i installed a front fan myself to increase airflow.

@ mammikoura and MikeReiner: yeah, intel's site says 63.3 C is average... i hate that the temps are THAT high, but as long as i know it is what its supposed to be, i am fine with it...

Back
Top Bottom