yall i need help big time

erythnul

Baseband Member
ok when i boot my computer it shows the foxconn logo then it goes to all this data stuff and at the bottom its says verifying dmi pool data and stays there for ever it seems and then it goes to a black screen and stays there forever then finally loads windows .... why hell is it doing this .... and what does verifying dmi pool data mean or what is it doing ? anyway around this PLEASE I NEED A ANSWER i built this for a friend and i need to fix this ... thanks for any advise

you build pcs and u dont know? look for a jumper beside the battery, make sure the pc is off first pull the jumper out its most likely red, and put it in the last 2 pins (its 3 pins total), then put it back in the orignal position.

a jumper looks something like this:

jumper.jpg

hey

hey i'm new at this lol well thanks alot man i'll do that.......but
when i first start the computer this comes up ....

ide channel 2 master: wdc wd800jd-oojwao 05.01c05
floppy disk fail(40) one

would that have anyting to and for some damn reason my sound isnt working either i've installed allt the drivers and the integrated sound still wont work ... i plan
on getting a sound card ....i'm just wondering why my integrated wont work either ?? everything is on too its off mute and everything do with it ... just thought i'd ask

I have another thing that might work

DMI pool data is the computer checking the hard drives in some way for some information to boot, and in this case it looks like it's finding it hard to find the drive...

I've had this a few times, and even though it said it found the drive, it couldn't read from it, so it pasued n paused, because obviously it knew it was there but...sort of not....

I just dissconnected the IDE cable from the back, and put it in again, and pushed the motherboard one in a bit more because it was a bit loose. That fixed it! So obviously just a loose data connection between the two!

Hope this helps
*KaGe*

Back
Top Bottom