Yahoo! is also personalizing your online searches

solitary110

Baseband Member
The rivalry between the main online search engines has reached epic proportions, and the services launched by one company are quickly adopted by the other companies that cannot afford the luxury to be left behind. And now it's Yahoo's turn to launch personalized searches, and join the Amazon and Google club.

Yahoo has launched My Web, a beta version of this service, using a technology initially employed in October in the „search history” services.

The purpose of the personalizing feature to give users the possibility to archive their search and result pages and if necessary, share them with other users. In a short time, this personalizing feature will be also available through the Yahoo toolbar.

Yahoo is relying on the association and integration of these search tools with e-mail, instant messaging services or personal networking applications, and all these are touted as big advantages for users.

The launching of this service comes less than a week after Google's own feature. Yahoo has been working at this package of services for several months now, but because its competitor had already launched such a solution, they had to speed up things.

My Search History searches the entire text in the pages from the history list, generates results and a graphic calendar representing the activity of the online user from a particular day.

Yahoo has decided to add search tools that allow the user to automatically save the searches, archive exact copies of the Web pages displayed at some point and import bookmarks from Internet Explorer. Moreover, My Web gives Internet surfers the possibility of adding notes to the saved pages and posting the information through RSS feeds.

Back
Top Bottom