y is this?

It's probably due to the age of your card, if you go into device manager > display adapter > driver tab it will show the driver, but it doesn't matter as we know what version you have just installed.

What is your D: dive?? is it an old drive?? 5400rpm or 7200rpm ?

It could be the cable, have you tried a different one?

well my D: is just a partition. and its IDE. i plan to get a 80gb SATA soo just to keep my OS on then my files on my 120gb IDE. how can i find specs on my drive?

Partition on the same drive, well that negates the cable etc as a possible cause.

Drive specs will be on the WD site but I'd say it is a 7200rpm as most Caviars are.

The lag could be just the read heads shifting to the other partition, when you say it is laggy could you describe it better, in what way does it lag when you highlight stuff???

Personally I've never been a fan of the os being on a different partition to installed programmes because of issues like this, last time I trialed it I got so annoyed with it I went back to one partition.

welll when i highlight stuff like in this picture it is really slow and really laggy.
untitled-13.jpg

welll when i highlight stuff like in this picture it is really slow and really laggy.
untitled-13.jpg

Is the drive an external drive? Or slave? If its external check your USB port/cable.

It very well might be a gfx card problem, but I'de try to see if its a problem with the hard-drive.

Try to uninstall the hard-drive, and reboot. It will redect it etc... Do it through device manager.

Could also maybe a sata controller or something.

Is the drive an external drive? Or slave? If its external check your USB port/cable.

It very well might be a gfx card problem, but I'de try to see if its a problem with the hard-drive.

Try to uninstall the hard-drive, and reboot. It will redect it etc... Do it through device manager.

Could also maybe a sata controller or something.

He said its merely a different partition on his master drive.

Just for giggles, run a virus scan. Preferably one in normal mode, then one in safe mode on the afflicted partition. It would explain perhaps how your drivers mysteriously misbehaved, and the lag during certain operations.

The fact that the other partition on the same drive does not suffer the same problems means that its not a hdd problem; so don't worry about your hdd specs.

im gonna do that cuz last night i had to do a reboot for the ATi drivers and well when i clicked "do shut down now" a little windows came up. (cuz it has to end all programs ya know?) and the program was "shouldn't see me" it litterally said that. and so as soon as i get home ima run a deep system scan (im at school)

Back
Top Bottom