XP Wont Take my Key

Paradox1

Fully Optimized
Hey, I'm activating my Windows XP installation but it isn't taking my key..

I know it works, Ive used it to reinstall windows on my Computer like 3 times already, Now its saying I mistyped it but it is exactly the same.. What could the problem be? I mean.. It's typed.. Its correct.. It should be working..

Edit: 5 People have viewed this and no one has replies. It's pissing me off, this will be 3 threads in a row that I have made asking for help and receiving none. I help people all the time here and never get any back, Is it so much to ask for some help in return?

First make sure you tried an "I" for a lower case "L" etc. Then return it and ask for a new key if that did not fix it- you cannot get around this problem.

It is because once the key has been used three times you can't use it again!
Here is Microsoft America's telephone number 1-800-MICROSOFT (1-800-642-7676)
Located in Redmond, WA.

Reece

It's 6 not 3. then after those 6 you phone in and they add another 6. you can do that 3 times I think. Just phone in to activate windows.

Edit: 5 People have viewed this and no one has replies. It's pissing me off, this will be 3 threads in a row that I have made asking for help and receiving none. I help people all the time here and never get any back, Is it so much to ask for some help in return?

Chill. It's only bin up like 7 hours.

I've reinstalled 3 times....when will I not be able to reinstall again? Or Can I just phone em up and have them renew it?

I had that problem one time, it wouldn't take my cd key. all I did was try it the next day and it worked and I haven't had a problem since. so maybe you should just wait a day and try it again.

Computergen said:
I've reinstalled 3 times....when will I not be able to reinstall again? Or Can I just phone em up and have them renew it?

when you use it 6 times it will become inactive. all you do is phone in to activate windows and then your key gets renewed for another 6 times (I think)

Paradox said:
Hey, I'm activating my Windows XP installation but it isn't taking my key..

I know it works, Ive used it to reinstall windows on my Computer like 3 times already, Now its saying I mistyped it but it is exactly the same.. What could the problem be? I mean.. It's typed.. Its correct.. It should be working..

Try reinstalling w/ only the necessary peripherals (keyboard, mouse, and monitor). I think that activation is based on hardware configuration... If you change the config, you might be able to pass.

Also, how did you reinstall? did you boot to the OS CD or reinstall through windows?

Back
Top Bottom