XP themes or whatever their called

band-aid

Baseband Member
I am sick to death of the blue or silver bars and junk that come with XP. I've searched for XP themes and they all require you to buy some third party program and I don't want to do that because A) it costs money and B) It uses up extra resources. Is it really that hard to turn the start bar and window title bars a gloss black or something? I would have thought that a simple google search would have brought me oodles of them but aparently I was wrong.

dont know any easy way around it apart from buying some software like window blinds or style xp

I think that Windows Blinds has a free trial that u can use for as long as u want. And it really doesn't use that much resources.

well, I installed the patch and sounds great, but I don't want to install the themes from themexp. In the installer it requires you to install spyware. I'll keep looking. If anyone else knows some better sites I'd be greatful for links. Thanks.

WindowsX, who is some guy that makes theme packs, is free do a search on him and i'm sure you'll get his programs and they are free, no trials or anything. I used his program for a Vista Transformation...it was good

EDIT: Vista Transformation Pack

Also, the Vista pack has other themes in it as well

band-aid said:
well, I installed the patch and sounds great, but I don't want to install the themes from themexp. In the installer it requires you to install spyware. I'll keep looking. If anyone else knows some better sites I'd be greatful for links. Thanks.
Okay, download the files AND:

Do this rule. I willl use 12345.exe as the example.

Start>Run

C:\12345.exe /x C:\temp

The /x is the command to extract files.

Then, open the file %EXENAME% with WinRAR.

There's the theme. Extract it to C:\WINDOWS\Themes.

Open it and there, you have your skin!

Back
Top Bottom