XP SP2 won't work on old computer, what can I do?

NEED WOW NOW

Daemon Poster
I have a old computer from about 7 years ago and I have always had problems with it and XP SP2. I never got it to work, Microsoft was completely clueless when we called a year or two back, and now my parents need a computer that doesn't get viruses every two weeks to check email etc.

I believe it might have been my very own XP disk, that it was missing a file or something. But could it be a hardware problem.

I'm a bit busy, but if you could inform me of any hardware incompatibilities please tell me. I have a P4 1.8Ghz, 1Gb of DDR ram, a 40Gb HDD, and a 5200FX. If you need the motherboard model, just ask, its very old.

If there is anyway to fix this, what would be the least cost effective way to fix the problem. To buy a new OS, to get new hardware, or to get both?

Thank you,
Need WoW Now

I don't see any problems there. If you have your own CD key, can't you just borrow somebody else's CD and install it? Also, get SP3. You could get a better P4 at 2.8GHz. Dude, if this was the end of the year...I would offer you the computer in my specs for like $100 (maybe even less).

The thing is I don't have anyonew with a spare disk of XP. I need to know the cheapest way to get this computer running safely. My dad is willing to spend some money for a really cheap computer too, around 300 Bucks if that's even possible. I think it is.

Wow does he wanna wait?! I'll sell mine lol. In fact, if I didn't have to write so many papers this year I'd sell right now. But I need it for school work.

Back
Top Bottom