Xp Sp2

ringtemek

Daemon Poster
I have windows xp sp2 and I can't boot from cd or go into safe mode becuase it doesn't detect any keys I press the only time the computer detects the keyboard is to enter the bios setup or to enter a user password. The computer doesn't detect the cd i put into it while on the desktop. The Computer is running really really slow and making applications not respond and there is frequent freezing.

Specs
XP Home SP2
Intel Pentium 4
P4MAM2-V motherboard w/ integrated sound card
Seagate 320 gb hard drive-5 monthes old
2 gb ram(1 gb-5 monthes old)
Nvidia Geforce 6600GT
1 DVD Drive
1 Floppy Drive

P.S. Is there any software that can deflect a virus and/or tell where the virus came from

The CD should boot. Make sure in the BIOS, you have it set to boot from the CD first

I have Ca Security suite, cd is set at 1st boot option in bios and it freezes at login 95% of the time

...... I can't boot from cd or go into safe mode becuase it doesn't detect any keys I press the only time the computer detects the keyboard is to enter the bios setup or to enter a user password.
If you are able to enter the bios by pressing Delete then why can you not boot to safe mode by pressing F8??

If you can not enter safe mode then I think the problem lies elsewhere than the keyboard.

.......cd is set at 1st boot option in bios and it freezes at login 95% of the time
But you don't logon when you boot from the cd :confused:

I really have no idea as I have never seen an "Apple keyboard"

If the plug is compatible give it a try, you never know.

Back
Top Bottom