XP sees my picture folder as a music folder

remluf

Solid State Member
I have my photos arranged in categories. When I open a folder there is a bar on the left headed Picture tasks. However one folder is headed Music Tasks. There is no music in this folder. Taking the files out & creating a new folder makes no difference - it still thinks it is a music folder. How can I force XP to change it to Picture tasks?

Yes

I renamed the folder but as soon as I put the pics in, it thinks it's a music folder.
Can I manually change it to a picture folder?

Every month I create a new folder and put my latest photos in it. When I next open the folder there is a section on the left of the window headed 'Photo Tasks' at the top with lots of options underneath. For some reason my October folder is headed 'Music Tasks' when I put the photos in it. There is no music there!

Right click one of the pictures and then choose program to open it, and check always use this program for this type of files.
Also, if you open Media Player, under Tools, Options, uncheck file types you don't use.

XP Sees my picture folder as a music folder

Try right-clicking in the folder, selecting 'Customise this folder...' and where it says "Use This Folder Type As A Template", change the type to 'Pictures...' or 'Photos' - click the tickbox if you have any sub-folders in your My Pictures folder.

Hope this helps,

Dan

Back
Top Bottom