XP Professional lost Product Key!

karling07

Daemon Poster
I no longer have the case for my XP professional disc anymore so i cannot find the product key! I am reinstalling/reformating and it now needs the product key. Is there any way that I can open up the CD on another PC and find the product key? This copy is completely legitimate and id hate to throw 300$ out the window!...

Thanks

I think Microsoft will give you a new one, just ask em. I would'nt know how to prove its legal though. Maybe send backj the cd

Yeah but from microsoft point of view, he could of robbed it, ring that helpline that comes up when ur activating, they give you one/

Call their helpline or technical support. Be careful of what you say too, because Microsoft is one of those companies who hate thieves that pirate software.

alvino said:
Call their helpline or technical support. Be careful of what you say too, because Microsoft is one of those companies who hate thieves that pirate software.

LOL even though they themselves are thieves... lol! :D :D :p

cant you just use someone elses? afterall youve brought the software so whats the harm??

99nasha said:
Give them a ring...They sorted all out over the phone for me

Yea, the support people are usually gullible 17 year olds that just want their shift to end anyways. If you get unlucky, it's an angry 17 year old that wants to give you a hard time.

07mackenzie said:
I no longer have the case for my XP professional disc anymore so i cannot find the product key! I am reinstalling/reformating and it now needs the product key. Is there any way that I can open up the CD on another PC and find the product key? This copy is completely legitimate and id hate to throw 300$ out the window!...

Thanks

There is a way.

It's possible as well as fully legitimate to rip the CD onto your hard drive, open a couple of files, change a couple of values, save it all, and burn the whole lot onto a new CD.

This will then allow Windows to install without the Product Key. Quite what changes need to be made, I don't remember, but you could look it up.

Back
Top Bottom