Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Join Computer forums Today

Old 02-04-2006, 12:59 AM   #1
In Runtime
Send a message via AIM to Logan Send a message via MSN to Logan
Default XP Pro

once you buy Windows XP Pro can you install it on all of your computers??
and is this a good thing to buy

also i hear that bitdefender is the best antivirus program. it is kinda expensive so is it worth it?? is mcafee or symantec or norton better for the money??
just some background, i hae a bad virus that has defied all my attempts to get rid of it so i have decided it is easier to re-format and upgrade to windows xp pro rather than xp home. i want xp Pro and a good antivirus to be the first new thing on my computer. any advice would be much appreciated thank you.

i thought of another question. i plan to run linux and windows pro on my computer once i build it. i was thinking about using a single hard drive and just partitioning it. Do i need special software to partition a hard drive like that or is there another way to do it. suggestions of any software would help a lot. thanks.

So it Goes.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 01:23 AM   #2
Golden Master
Send a message via MSN to ArrizX
Default Re: XP Pro

First, I THINK that you can only use xp on one computer. Unless you have a corperate edition. Thats for businesses and schools. And costs thousands of dollars. And no, I dont have that copy .

But, about the partitioning. Both windows and linux (at least mandrake) come with custom partitioning software. Like right now I have a dual boot. I devoted 90gb to my windows partition. And then the rest(70gb) to linux. I dont see why every single linux cd woudnt come with partitioning software. And with my windows cd (in the past when i didnt know anything) it was tricky working the paritioning thing. That was also when i barely knew when it was. So im sure you wont have any problems at all.

. ()()()()
./l ,[_\_\ ],
l---L ()lllllll()-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
ArrizX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 06:26 AM   #3
Fully Optimized
Default Re: XP Pro

I think you need some kind of corporate site license to run one copy on different machines, it'll cost a fair old bit but probably works out cheaper than buying a load of individual copies.
Master of common sense. If you don't like it, stop reading.
UK31337 is offline   Reply With Quote