XP Mobile 2500+ overclock best mobo?

pcgodintraining

In Runtime
I have recently purchased a Mobile XP 2500+ CPU for it's ability to overclock and it's capacity to have it's FSB adjusted from 266 to 400 mhz. I read that I should look for a mobo with an Nvidia Nforce 2 chipset, but that was an article from a few months ago, and I am not sure about the advancement of certain chipsets. Here are the requirements of the board that I need thus far:

*ATX ff

*Socket 462

*4 dimm slots (Up to 4 gigs mem)

*Integrated gigabit LAN

*Sata drive ports

*RAID capabilities

Basically, I want the most expandable board possible, as this will most likely be the only Socket A system I build. (Next will be 939!) I don't want to have to purchase a new Mobo for a socket A system. It has to be a one-off type affair. I have aproximately $150 Canadian, with $20 nudging room, for this board. Any thoughts? What else should I look for for maximum expandability? What are the best chipsets and the major differences between them? If you the reader (Most likely an UBER techie) had this CPU to overclock, and wanted the best and most from it, what type of mobo would you go for? Thanks...

Are these mobo's shit? They seem to be some of the only socket A with integrated Gigabit Lan and 4X DIMM slots.

*Gigabyte 7N400 pro 2 Nvidia Socket A

*Soyo KT880 Dragon 2 VIA Socket A

I am leaning towards the Soyo, as it can take 4 sticks of Duel channel RAM, whereas the Gigabyte can only take two duel Channel Ram (Must be equaled with two sticks of single channel RAM do to Nforce2 chipset. Or so I've read)

What is the better chipset? I want to have 4 DIMM slots because in a year or so, this will become my server.

dfi make good overclocking motherboards, there are many people on this forum that have used the same processor as u and overclocked they use an abit one, but i cant remember the name. wait for them to see ur thread.

Back
Top Bottom