xp login problem!!!!

xp on both. usb drive was working. i re booted and put it in my new working pc to make room for the files then i put it bk in the old pc and re booted and it appeared to work but cant see the files. im going to try again

ok if i went into safe mode with networking would i be able to send the files to me new pc using the usb network adapter i have or would it not work. the usb drive still does not work. its a usb pci card in the old pc and it says usb on the mp3 player as if its connected but nothing comes up in explorer only a removable g folder which is empty

the mp3 player could be a driver problem either with the pci card or the mp3 player itself, if you have got the drivers for the usb network adaptor and want to do network config, try it, I personnaly hate doing the config for networks and so i would carry on trying to get the key to work...

i will try both. i have a 98 boot disk now which i will use to fix the older of my 2 hdds and for the hdd i need the data off ill try a crack when i backup the data

i will try the crack now if the usb doesnt work. hope the crack works because as i have said it has buggered up my other pc before. its called the "sad team" crack. worked once (think that was with a cracked windows) and buggered up when i tried to di it on a normal legal xp install (i tried to use the crack as i had already installed the legal xp on another pc so would not let me activate it again"

Either phone microsoft (it isent that bad they are open 24/7 and your not on hod very long)

Or take the drive out put it in a external enclouser plug it into a computer through USB and take the data off.

crack didnt work. now ive lost my data :(
need to re install. it tries to boot up and says windows is starting up in a little box and theres black around it, will do that for a while then the screen will go blank.

ok man look. on the computer ur on right now, go to c>windows>system32.... find the files wpa.dbl and wpa.bak... COPY, not cut...copy those to a floppy disk or usb flash drive, cd, dvd or whatnot. now boot into safe mode and change wpa.dbl to "wpadbl.new" and wpa.bak to "wpabak.new" ... now from ur floppy disc or wherever u copied the original files to, copy the wpa.dbl and wpa.bak to system32.. then restart. this should work, but im not sure

Just reinstall windows after u backup and call in and activate.... They will ask if u haev it installed on another pc just say no...and they will ask u why are u activating... just say you got a new harddrive

it works every time :D

i have re installed xp again on the same partition so i now have 2 xp os's on one partition. the newest one works fine but the old one now doesnt work because of the crack. i want to copy all the files from the old installation to the new working one. can i do that. i can see my old user name from my computer but cannot access it

Back
Top Bottom