xp login problem!!!!

dude_se

Proper Legend
i can no longer login to windows xp on my old pc. says i must activate windows to login and when i do that it wont activate as it cannot find an internet connection. i do not want to phone up microsoft but was wondering if there is any way at all i can backup the data on my hdd to re install. this all happejned when i put the hdd onto another pc so obiously it didnt like all the hardware changes. please help. i would like to keep the data on the hdd.please help!

you obviously must have an illegal copy of windows. did u use an installation disc that you already installed on another system? it gives you 30 days to use it before you have to activate it, and your 30 days is up.

well either you reinstall windows with a legit copy or you stick that hard drive into another computer and backup all the data.....

it is legit! installed a few months back. was working fine. just put the hdd in another pc, then back in the origional one and the problem started. there was a reasoning for all the hdd swapping btw. so is there no hope for the data? if not ill swiftly install xp again and hope it works as i dont want to phone up microsoft even though its legit

you can still get into Windows if you start in safe mode, to do this hold F8 when the computer is booting windows. Use safe mode to back up your data and then reinstall

i tried. still asks to activate it. i tried putting the hdd back into the other pc but now it wont get detected bu the bios. ill have to try and do that again otherwise its screwed

you could always download an activation crack, as your version of Windows is legal then I don't see any legal problems with using one of those. Have you tried booting into safemode with comand prompt?

nope. on the other pc safe mode is starting up but its a really old pc and cant seem to get usb drive working on it and it has no cd copier so not sure as how im going to save the data

i have an idea. can i get the activation crack put on the pc where the hdd works?

Back
Top Bottom