xp installation problem

rymort

In Runtime
just reforrmatted computer, installed windows xp pro and now im having a problem, when i startup i get into my desktop and everything is cool, i can surf the net and stuff, but after about 10 mins a box pops up saying System error, shutting down computer in 59 seconds and it counts down.

it says unexpected program termination... i think it was like
windows/system/isass.exe

how do i fix?
ive reforrmatted twice now with same error, do i need to format again?

thanks

when i did my other friend computer it also did same thing, and we used a xp home for his, same exact error, i reinstalled everything again and it was fine.

something is messing it up...

also wouldnt a reformat get rid of virus

3 problems possible:

A: XP is demanding more power from your computer, and your Powersupply isn't adequate anymore.

B: A worm, or high level virus. Did you "reformat" using the Windows disk? Or did you use FDISK? Use FDISK and do 5 formats in a row. Clear the partition as well, then repartition the HD, some worms/viruses hide in the actual partition of DOS/FAT32.

C: Your graphics card drivers are corrupt or your MOBO drivers are corrupted. Update them quickly if you can.

thx,
it might be the drivers,
it doesnt really give me enough time to install the drivers, i was on driverguide.com trying to find the drivers necessary

It varies, I press F8 on mine, so try that. Windows at startup (like right around very start of it so be fast) should give you the option to start in different troubleshooting modes (aka VGA mode, Safe Mode, Last Known Good Config, etc)

AMD ZEN said:
3 problems possible:

A: XP is demanding more power from your computer, and your Powersupply isn't adequate anymore.

B: A worm, or high level virus. Did you "reformat" using the Windows disk? Or did you use FDISK? Use FDISK and do 5 formats in a row. Clear the partition as well, then repartition the HD, some worms/viruses hide in the actual partition of DOS/FAT32.

C: Your graphics card drivers are corrupt or your MOBO drivers are corrupted. Update them quickly if you can.

where did u get this info?
If you don't know the answer you shouldn't even reply.
Its not a thing to do with power supply,
why would you ever use fdisk to format for xp?
Graphics card has nothing to do with it.

You have the msblaster worm, and or the sasser. You need to do updates behind a firewall to prevent this.

mmmkay, thanks for the help, but how do i remove the worms? it dont gimmi enough time to install a virus scanning program, and even if i got one it wouldnt have enough time to scan

Back
Top Bottom