XP Home vs. XP Professional

Doom3

Solid State Member
What is the difference between Windows XP Home edition and Windows Xp Proffesional Edition? Which one is better for computer games? And why does XP Proffesional cost more?

The difference wouldn't makes any difference to games at all.

XP Pro is more a Networking Computer than Home; good for Workstations, Laptops and other high use Networking things. For most users the price difference is not worth the advantages of Pro - unless you want to set up a a Network.

It should not make much of a difference for games but...

Windows XP Professional has an EFS (Encrypting File System) which XP Home does not. It can join a domain, apply detailed GPOs (Group Policy Objects) and the more advanced Remote Desktop which is like a single sesson Terminal Services.

Multi-Processor support, ASR, Dynamic Disk Support, integrated fax functionality, File-level access control, Roaming profiles, The user interface for IPSecurity (IPSec), SNMP, Simple TCP/IP services, SAP Agent, Client Service for NetWare, and Network Monitor.

I wouldn't pay the extra price for xp pro unless you are a business with a network or something like that and require the extra features that xp pro gives you. xp home is just fine for the normal user

Zharvek said:
Multi-Processor support, ASR, Dynamic Disk Support, integrated fax functionality, File-level access control, Roaming profiles, The user interface for IPSecurity (IPSec), SNMP, Simple TCP/IP services, SAP Agent, Client Service for NetWare, and Network Monitor.
lol u copied that off a site omg lol

I got XP Pro over XP Home because I could get either free with this deal so I picked XP Pro. It hasn't crashed yet, and I don't really have anything bad to say about it apart from that SP2 isn't really any good, but that affects XP Home too.

Back
Top Bottom