XP error message

DESTRUCTION

Beta member
My friend has a hp (nuff said) that we install winxp on it and everytime like clockwork it gives us the same fatal error message.Then restarts and restarts giving us that same message each time.So plzzzz someone im stumped and need help.thx

If it just does that; I would try and reinstall Windows; if that then doesn't work Format it all and reinstall. You got any stuff you need to keep?

About the formating i already did that and i was in the middle of installing a fresh copy of winXPpro. Thats when i told me about the fatal error i dont remember what it said. I think a bunch of numbers, it happend right before the installing windows part came up. It had XP on there before so im clueless. Anyhelp would be much appreciated thx.

netuser said:
Edited out.......................
Why did you remove:
What's Wrong with HP (apart from my monitor only lasted 3 years?)
?
Personally I think HP should stay with Printers and let it be.

Hmmm, I don't know, maybe try formatting it again just for good measure - and then try a different copy of Windows? If it works fine then bring back the COpy of Windows you were using.

sounds like hes being messing with the hardware and made a mess of the machine.
I would check everything thats been added to that machine and also make sure the hard drive is ok.

nothing wrong with hp they have been going for years along side the likes of ibm and i can only see them getting better now they have joined with compaq

Back
Top Bottom