xp boot up dots

lol damn!!!! I wouldn't have thoguht of a dead colour like that.

Well...longhorns, or should I say Viesta now, is supposed to be Orange :p So there...

jac006 said:
I wish vista would come with changeable colors... *sigh*...

To tell you the truth, I don't see Microsoft would do that. Furthermore, how many people would really notice such thing/s? I know I do, but I never speak of it, as I fear other ITs and computer addicts I know will mock me.
I would like to thank the thread starter for taking such courageous step and speak of such little – but noticeable to some people- issue.
Speaking of some people, believe me; I thought I was a weirdo until yesterday when I read the thread and the replies.

Thank you all people… love ya

Kage said:
I wouldn't trust boot screen changes though, especially if your using a program to do so with a shareware function of sorts.

I've had one once which was supposed to be quite good, booted up fine, yet restarted the computer again after trying to change the old one back (I'm sure I did it right), and it crashed and wouldn't start up.
I needed to go into safemode, uninstall the program, and strangely...it worked...

I'm sure some are okay though...just not the one I tried.

I also find, if you cant make up your own designs using the prgrams, whats the point? The custom ones already on the sites dont usually go to your tastes I find.
I wonder if there are any that do let you create?

Thats the only way i think you'd be able to do it though without having expert knowledge of how windows uses the files.

Actually my boot screen changing program works almost perfectly. There just is like a 1/3 second delay before the boot screen comes up (this 1/3 second it shows the normal xp boot screen) no other problems. And there we many hundreds of boot screens to select from, and yes u can make them by urself, I never tried coz I am happy with the ones that I found on that site.

Well....you never know jac006 :p

I'm expecting big things from it. Massive amounts of customability is one of them.

being that it runs on a Direct 3D engine, expect it to have alot more functions, i.e animations, or alot more you can do with the desktop wallpaper for example.

Just loads I expect if they do it right :)

lurkswithin said:
actually they are all green on both home and pro versions. They change blue on installing SP2

If they are blue then you have an OS with SP2 installed. If they are green then you have yet to install SP2.

Actually Lurks ... Prior to SP2 Pro is Blue and Home is Green (Also said Professional or Home). Post SP2 both are blue with just Windows XP written (Professional & Home are dropped)

If you're interested in changing the boot screen altogether ... I know there is a link to load boot skins to completely replace the Windows Splash screen with the blue dots with something completely different.

there are programs out there that let you download diffrent screens
i downloaded one with red dots...
my.php

Back
Top Bottom