xp activation

My dell installation disc makes me activate before I can log in to windows when I reinstall XP. This isnt really that clever because Windows had yet to find the hardware to connect to the internet, thus I had to call them!

troy272 said:
I had the same problem when I had to reinstall my windows XP from a CD too. I reinstalled it on the same PC, same CD and everything and when I activated it online it said invalid serial number so I had to call microsoft and they did it for me and all was good. I don't know why this happened and it's kinda odd to me why it did happen. My guess is that they might have had a problem with their activation or changed something.... who knows????

I had the same problem.

I tried to reactive 3 times and it finally worked.

so do i have to call to activate from now on, its really hard to understand the people on the phone

ericf1993 said:
so do i have to call to activate from now on, its really hard to understand the people on the phone

it all depends, if it activates online, your golden, if it doesn't work then you have to call. honestly it takes like 5 minutes, is it really that big of a deal. you have to call in and activate generally if your system has been activated more times than whatever limit microsoft sets, so yeah, you'll prolly have to call in and activate it.

They reset their activation database every 6 months, apparently. I have re-installed windows on my PC about 6 Times, they all worked flawlessly. Infact, i did it about 15 Mins ago!

Back
Top Bottom