Xp 64bit edition

CrackerJacker1

Daemon Poster
I have a copy of it that my dad had, but before I decide to use it. is it even worth it? I meen, I know there is not much programs compaitble for it, but if I install it will it run normal. just have os running on 64bits and run programs on 32bits normally. that would be cool.
I heard it doesn't have Service pack 2? Which if you dont have service pack 2 then you cant use both cores on a athlon x2 :(

Can someone give me some details?

I have Windows XP X64, and let me be the first to tell you, it's not that great. Hardly any hardware is compatible with it, and 3DMark and many other 32-bit (and 16-bit :p ) programs won't work on it. And you should be able to use two cores on it. SP2 just refers to Windows XP Home/Professional, I'm pretty sure. Personally, I wouldn't waste my time. I've noticed no performance increase (though that's not why I bought it) at all, so don't think that it will run better; it won't. Personally, I'd stick with Home, until Vista comes out.

Yeah a lot of programs are only 32 bit so you wouldn't see much of an improvement on a 64 bit system. Wait till Vista comes out. By then there will be a lot more 64 bit applications.

Yes, drivers are hard to come by for some hardware now. WHen Vista do come out, I hope most manufacturers will have 64-bit drivers ready. It's going to be a huge launch for Microsoft. Just use the regular 32-bit Windows XP for now. Vista will be a worthy upgrade.

*On a side note, my job has a whole bunch of Windows XP Pro (brand new in their OEM packages) sitting in these boxes. Even has the Key right there, lol. I told my coworker about it whether I should take some. He said the boss doesn't even know we still have all those copies of XP Pro!!!! You never know though. Haha, I should take a couple. They come with the PCs our company purchased, so it's for a new system. Since we image whatever we have with a single DVD on all our PCs, we don't have a need for those Windows XP Pro installation discs, lol.

We were goofing around at work and stumbled upon some additional LCD 19" monitors, spare PCs, and a bunch of software we didn't even know about. Fearing being caught, we put everthing back, lol. But tomorrow, I will be snooping back over there to take a second look. I don't want too much of them to be missing just in case the boss do check them.

i would be sure one or two could go a stray. youre more like to get caught if you are greedy

Heh if I saw a huge collection of 19 inch LCDs that have been sitting there for a while, i'd pick me up one. Just one, not two, not three and it'd have to be a huge collection.

I think they would defintely notice the monitors. There's only like 15 of them in storage and expensive. The stupid box that I found has tons of the OS disc in them. I mean stacks all tightly packed together. I forgot to check it out today. Too busy at work----just didn't think about it while I was there. Now it's the weekend and I have no access to it. It'll be there when I go back to work. I need a legal version because the one I got now on my desktop PC can't be authenticated by Microsoft. Hence, no downloads on certain Windows software. I remember the disc doesn't include SP2. It came out with SP1, that's it. But that's no big deal.

Back
Top Bottom