Xp 64bit??!?!?

I wouldn't go with 64 bit edition yet. Many programs aren't compatible with it yet and there are still a lot of driver issues.

Unless you currently want to run 64 bit apps, I wouldnt recomend switching over to windows XP-64. Alot of software has problems on it, and no 32 bit drivers work. No legacy hardware you have laying around will work.

i have an x86 processor, but its compatible with EM64T for some reason. pentium 4 630 prescott core. please explain this to me.

Other than more support for Memory etc... The main advantage of it is that it was made specificly for 64-bit architecture.

As an FYI kinda thing, a quick explination of 32-bit VS 64-bit

Think of it like a highway, but rather than cars.. data. 32 lane highway can flow alot of traffic, but a 64 lane highway will flow twice as much, in the same ammount of time.

Now on that note, when your operating system was specificly designed for that purpose, you will take full advantage of your "bandwith" and in so doing this, gain better performance.

Aint nothing worse that having a hotrod with 800hp that wont go past 90 because of other limitations:D

Also, the x64 OS has the same Kernel as Windows Server 2003

ok....sounds coo...what is vista???...also would this speed up 32bit operations like games???

Vista is the next operating system to come out soon or never or Eh no one knows when it will be coming out laughing out loud btu yes it is the next os to come out but it is huge in requirements :(

ive heard like
1gb of ram
128mb graphics
and every thing else has to be uber to run it lol

crap that much just to run the OS...that would suck...so wouldnt it make ur games slower??!? or would that matter... i may just stick with xp and then 64bit in the future...also are ne 64 bit games coming out...and it theyre 64 bit does it make then run faster too or does it just have to do with color??? thx :D

Yeh, x64 is still rather weak due to drivers apps etc... still lots of compatibility issues with it, Ive used it a few times, and though it was fast, I wasnt very impressed as far as every day use. Im still going to stick with 32-bit for a while untill x64 is more main stream.

Back
Top Bottom