Xp...

pcgodintraining

In Runtime
Hey. Is Win Xp pro the best Microsoft Os? What about Nt, me, 2000 or 98? I want to at first to play games like Diablo 2 and counterstrike and apparently Counterstrike has known compatibilty issues with Xp. Is there a patch for CS? I've looked but can't find one. Bottom Line: Will either of those programs work on Xp?

i dont no really if you like browsing the internet i would say 98 its safe and its stable more then other once u install it u get more space then you would from a windows xp, but if you are on about games i would say windows xp home or pro, alot of people use linux aswell, yer the games will play on windows xp why will they not go on there mate.

I am not sure. I am currently running on XP pro and when I put the counterstrike disk in, a window pops up saying that it has a known compatibility issue with it. It doesn't offer any patches. The game seems to run, but you never know what problems are running under the surface.

the reson why is coz its out of sink with each other. my dads pc has 256Mb of ram sd but then i put in the 512 it went slower than if it had that. what i needed was x2 256 Mb of ram chips to make it 512. dont ask why but it did.

Well if your using Win xp pro, i would stay w/that OS....it's the best of the XP family....

And as far as Ram goes, Most games out there will run on 256MB of ram. If you have 512mb or higher.

You can just turn up the Virtual Memory a bit, this will help speed things up.

To do this right click my comp./ properties/Advanced tab/ performance..click settings/Advanced ....change the Virtual memory by putting in a Larger value.

xx cobra xx said:
so if u took the 128 it would go faster

basicly yes. try it and see. if not get another 512Mb 400mhz from eclipse-computers.com fo £50 or less. what ram type do you have? DDR SD DDR2? simms

Back
Top Bottom