XMP profiles

akira282

In Runtime
Called Asus today, asked about two simple things:

1. Why am I getting an "adapter 1: hard disk not found" message.
- My guess is E-SATA connector is giving this error. It doesn't hang at this message so it's not a big deal at the moment. Just curious what you think. Yes, it boots to windows fine afterward.

2. My Cas latency for the ram is showing a tad higher than what I bought it for?

- Is it ok to go to XMP profiles or will this increase voltages to unsafe levels?

Thanks.

PS: ASUS insulted my intelligence about the ram saying: "Did you make sure it was triple channel, and uh it is DDR3 right?"

;)

One other question I have is: I installed 6 gigs of ram, and so I opened up the task manager and it says 6 total gigs, 4gigs cached, and one gig is being used by the OS. So, I understand that, but it doesn't make sense for my RAM usage to be at 25% according to the gadget. This is more in line with 4 gig usage and should be lower I think. what do you think?

Called Asus today, asked about two simple things:

1. Why am I getting an "adapter 1: hard disk not found" message.
- My guess is E-SATA connector is giving this error. It doesn't hang at this message so it's not a big deal at the moment. Just curious what you think. Yes, it boots to windows fine afterward.

2. My Cas latency for the ram is showing a tad higher than what I bought it for?

- Is it ok to go to XMP profiles or will this increase voltages to unsafe levels?

Thanks.

PS: ASUS insulted my intelligence about the ram saying: "Did you make sure it was triple channel, and uh it is DDR3 right?"

;)

One other question I have is: I installed 6 gigs of ram, and so I opened up the task manager and it says 6 total gigs, 4gigs cached, and one gig is being used by the OS. So, I understand that, but it doesn't make sense for my RAM usage to be at 25% according to the gadget. This is more in line with 4 gig usage and should be lower I think. what do you think?

Bump!

Back
Top Bottom