Xfx r7970.

New2TheGame

Solid State Member
Does it make sense that the HDMI on the card won't work because no drivers are installed? I just put the card in, no OS on the computer yet and I plug the HDMI cable into the tv and I hear the fan on the card running but no picture comes up. I am going to try the DVI connection, however I wanted to know if it makes sense that the HDMI won't work because no drivers have been installed yet.

No, it shouldn't matter. I use HDMI from two video cards to two different TV's (one each). BIOS and everything else will use a generic video driver like they do for VGA and DVI assuming the card isn't faulty or has enough power supplied to it.

So you're saying a brand new rig just built no operating system on it, the HDMI on the graphics card should still send signal to the monitor? I am not changing graphics cards I just built this rig and am trying to see if everything works. When I plugged the HDMI in nothing came up on the television. I thought perhaps the HDMI only works when the drivers for the cards are fully installed.

That's correct.

If it's a new build, try using different combos of your RAM to see if a single stick, or slot on your motherboard is bad.

I actually found out what I did wrong. Always make sure all connections were made and everything is plugged in. Lol.

Back
Top Bottom