XFX 6600 GT PCI-E problems...need help

IrishSoldier327

Baseband Member
I have an XFX 6600 GT PCI-E card. Games such as Doom 3 and Far Cry crash after a few moments of play. I have heard of overheating issues. I have updated all drivers. Mother board drivers are updated to current as well as video card. Please can someone help. By the way I cleanly installed windos and updated to all new drivers via internet. This has been my second try at getting this card to work properly.. I have been thinking of switching to the Chaintech version of the card.

Im running a:
AMD 64 3500+
Chaintech VNF4 mobo with NForce 4 chipset
XFX 6600 GT PCI-E
1 gb of 3200 Ram i beleive
420 W power supply
80 gb Maxtor HDD

!) mayby need a lil more power depending on wht else you got
2)overheating. Get a vga cooler

I dont have too much to power. I have 3 case fans as well. 2 of which are right near the card. I think its the structure of the card. I have no clue how else to fix it. Does anyone else have this same problem? I have heard lots of issues while reading some forums about this specific card. Definitly upset due to the fact I just upgraded my system. Any suggestions can help.

Did you try their tech support? It could be a specific problem to the specific card, you might be able to get an rma or money back.

Check what your GPU temp is in the advanced display properties.

You should have enough power. What is the brand of your PSU?

Does it only crash in doom3 and such or does it crash in all games?

My psu came with my Mutant X gaming case. I will call tech support tomorrow. Just switching back to Nvidia...this is not looking like a good sign... I hope this issue is resolved soon. I got 2 weeks before i coem home form college so 2 weeks downtime till i get home to return the part.

I was thinking bout going with the chaintech version of the card due to me having a chaintech mobo. I figured compatibility would be high and Chaintech is already past the 66.3 drivers; Chainte4ch is in the 77s already. Ill know in two weeks when i go on spring break when I goto return the card due to the fact that my house is right by the Tiger Direct outlet factory

Back
Top Bottom