Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 06-19-2010, 05:19 AM   #1
Golden Master

Default Xbox Kinetic

the NEW 360
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/
Quote:
* Xbox 360 250GB Hard Drive: The internal 250GB hard drive allows you to save your games and store television shows, movies, music, pictures, trailers, levels, demos, and other con*tent available from Xbox LIVE Marketplace.
* Built in Wi-Fi: The new Xbox 360 is the only console with 802.11n Wi-Fi built in for a faster and easier connection to Xbox LIVE. Download or stream HD movies, TV episodes, and games from Xbox LIVE Marketplace in 1080p and 5.1 surround sound from anywhere in the house. Compatible with b/g/n networks.
* Kinect ready: Coming this holiday, Kinect will make YOU the controller. With a dedicated, specialized port, the Xbox 360 250GB is built to connect seamlessly with the Kinect sensor— and have you up off the couch and into the world of Kinect in no time.
* Xbox 360 Wireless Controller: This award-winning, high-performance wireless controller features the Xbox Guide Button for quick, in-game access to friends and music. It has a range of up to 30 feet and a battery life of 30 hours on two AA batteries.
* Xbox 360 Headset: Strategize or trade taunts while playing games, and chat with your friends on Xbox LIVE.
* Xbox 360 Composite A/V cable: Use your Xbox 360 on standard-definition televisions using this connection over traditional composite connectors. Play high-quality audio with the included stereo connector.
* Xbox LIVE: Xbox LIVE brings a whole world of entertainment possibility right to your Xbox 360. Play with friends online, and watch streaming movies and TV from Zune and Netflix, all in crystal-clear HD. You'll find loads of your favorite music from Last.fm and the ability to connect with friends on Facebook and Twitter right on the best screen in the house.
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/kinect/default.htm

Discuss

Old 06-19-2010, 10:11 AM   #2
In Runtime

Default Re: Xbox Kinetic

im interested to see how well it works, its been in production for quite a while now. which hopefully means they did a TON of R&D on it before they released the final product.

id like to try it out before dumping $150+ on it.

and since its microsoft i wonder if it will be compatible with windows 7?? thatd be interesting. lol

lewblue83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 11:15 AM   #3
In Runtime

Send a message via AIM to SPuNKYbd Send a message via MSN to SPuNKYbd Send a message via Yahoo to SPuNKYbd Send a message via Skype™ to SPuNKYbd

Im gonna get it. I seen a game where you could play with a virtual dog, and seeing how i rent and cant have pets, it would be good for my daughter/nieces lol.

Also i wanna see fable 3 with kinect.

BUT i will not throw down another $300 on the new xbox 360.
SPuNKYbd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 11:56 AM   #4
Golden Master

great part is you dont need to buy a new xbox for it.

works with any 360,

and i may just get the new spiffy 360s just because i dont have one at all. And it would match my tv/pc well.
Old 06-19-2010, 02:34 PM   #5
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to Kage

The Kinect will indeed work with older Xbox 360's.
The only difference being the new one supports it without additional power support, whereas the older one will need to have the Kinect camera connected to a wall socket.

I'm interested where the technology will lead games

I see the ability to move your head and see around objects in 3D space a definite use.
Old 06-19-2010, 11:06 PM   #6
Daemon Poster

Quote:
I already stated it, it looks like the bastard son of an Alienware PC, a Dell case and some traces of a VCR.
I thought that summed up the new 360 pretty well :P
Old 06-19-2010, 11:11 PM   #7
Guru

This reminds me a lot of the Playstation Move. I don't plan on purchasing either of them, but I wonder how this latest addition will compare to the Wii's already establish motion-capture controllers. Additionally, what does Nintendo plan on doing to enhance their gaming system?
JogaBonito1502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 10:18 AM   #8
In Runtime

Send a message via AIM to SPuNKYbd Send a message via MSN to SPuNKYbd Send a message via Yahoo to SPuNKYbd Send a message via Skype™ to SPuNKYbd

Nintendo said they were scared of the new kinect and playstation move. I dont see much advancement in the mvoe technology, its more of a reproduction of wii with better grapchics behind it..

Kinect is cool though, no controllers, voice and facial recognition.. its gonna be sweet.
SPuNKYbd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 12:36 PM   #9
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to eslfish Send a message via MSN to eslfish Send a message via Yahoo to eslfish

Are they actually going to get this 360 right this time?
Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate
eslfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 12:51 PM   #10
In Runtime

But i dont think this would work.

Sporego is offline   Reply With Quote