xbox graphics

TibsBeatAll

Daemon Poster
how does games on xbox look so damn good,
i hear the video card it uses is basically a tweaked version of a GF3 Ti.

When i play the same games on a PC, or on a XBOX,
it always looks better on XBOX.

I am comparing a Geforce 4 Ti4600 to an XBOX.

how does xbox do it?

first of all the xbox is only running at 640x480, and only 1 appication at any given time. but i dont agree that halo on xbox looks better then the pc verson, and if they do to you get a better video card. more like a ATI 9800 pro.

Well thats becuase Halo for the PC has a tweaked DX9 engine. It has a bunch more features.

But I have to agree with Tibs. My friend has an XBOX (I would never buy its just too taboo.:D) and we were playing this chronicles of riddick demo. The graphics on their are sweet.

Well then Doom III came out. I was unsurprised with the graphic hype. But since I am running it on a geforce4 I guess I should hold my comments until I get my 6800 back.

But yeah the Xbox is dedicated technology and such so it can run faster.

Well thats becuase Halo for the PC has a tweaked DX9 engine.

NO. theres only a few game NOW that have DX9 like DOOM3.
HALO has DX8.

err.. i played halo on my pc at 640 * 480 and still it did not look better than xbox. blech, xbox must have some kind of secret. bloody mothers.

I am sorry to prove you wrong but Halo does have a DX9 engine on the PC.

It was one of the first if not the first to come out for DX9.

quote for tomshardware-
"Halo is one of the first DirectX 9 games to hit the shelves. We used the built-in benchmark routine to gauge the performance of our contestants. All cards which are marketed as DX9 parts are tested using PS 2.0, all others are benched using PS1.1."

here is the link http://graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20031229/vga-charts-09.html

Back
Top Bottom