x800xt or 2 x 6600gt?

I would actually say get a 7800GTX, one of those cards out performs two 6600gt in sli mode, easy. So yeah, if your willing to put out the money, get the 7800gtx.

Chris

Of course, if you overclock the x1800xt, it will outperfrom two 7800gtx's in sli.

yeah, I'm actually thinking about getting the x1800xl, but I'll have to look into it more... then theres the problem pof getting the money :D

Chris

Yeah, which is why i'm working on my WebMastering work because it's the only job I can get right now :p

Chris

TibsBeatAll said:
crossefire kinda sux if you plan on going higher than 60 hz on your monitor. Also, the max resolution is 1600 1200 so that kinda sux too. But if you got a nice little 17 in monitor like me, that's just fine.

Crossfire is kinda quirky to me. It's gonna be higher priced than SLI, and you will have to buy a special "master" card. But we'll have to see. my info may be wrong. i really hope so. Very much, as i currently hvae a x800xl.

The DFI RD480 CrossFire will sell for about $200+ dollars. Having to use the CrossFire Edition card allows for more flexibility. You can use a completely different card than the CrossFire master card (just make sure it's a X series card).

Im kinda limiting myself to 200 dollars for a vid card. Thats why I want the x800pro because you can flash it to the xt specs and have a card that performs the same as an 6800 ultra w/o having to pay as much for one. Im gonna get an sli mobo, so if I ever need sli or a dual processor I wont have to upgrade mobos.

Just so you know, SLi is only for nVidia cards, not ATI. Also, SLi has nothing to do with "dual processors" (and by dual processors, I hope you mean dual core processors).

the board im getting supports both sli and athlon 64 dual processors. I know Sli is only for nvidia, and im getting a board now so that if sli ever becomes necessary I wont have to upgrade mobo. I just rather have 1 powerful card vs 2 cards that barely equal that 1 powerful card, so I just want to know how good x800xt's are.

Back
Top Bottom