Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Join Computer forums Today

Old 06-19-2005, 10:52 AM   #11
Golden Master
Send a message via MSN to Kage
Default Re: X800Xl Or 6800gt?

Yeah thats okay then, Shadows do use alot of resources.

38 degrees is fine.

As for overclocking, it would make your CPU life shorter yes, if you didn't have sufficent cooling of course, but if you have, you wouldn't notice the difference in life span, and so woudln't do hardly any, if at all any damage, since they are capable at running at that speed anyway! The manufactuers just don't to release a slower chip compared to faster ones which might be about the same...

I dont know of a program though, but some motherboards come with programs to make overclocking easier.

I hope this helps

Abit IP35 Pro / Q6600 G0 / Zalman 9700 / 8800GTS 640mb / 4x 2GB Corsair XMS / X-FI Xtreme M / 1x 1TB / Antec 900 / Logitech Z-5500 / Samsung 20inch
Kage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 12:30 PM   #12
Baseband Member

I just play BF2 demo with around 45 people in a server.... The turning the shadows off idea really helped. I was smooth the whole time... I dont think i feel the need to over clock... I am planning on making my parents buy me a custom comp from Falco North West. or from a gaming company like that. This will prolly hapen next year sinse my brother is leaving for college lol. So I guess im gonna have to live through with this beast of mine and maybe turn some stuff down in games for now. Thanks to everyone . I see this is a very helpful forum

cheesejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 01:04 PM   #13
Daemon Poster
Send a message via AIM to Starr Send a message via MSN to Starr

I wouldn't necessarily buy off of Falcon Northwest. If you insist on buying a computer that someone builds for you then check out this site. www.cyberpowerinc.com

They are cheap, thy build it, and they test it for three days.

Cyber Power is who I ordered my new computer from.
AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Venice Core, MSI K8N Neo-4, 2x 512 Corsair Dual Channel, Nvidia Geforce fx 6600 256MB, 160GB HardDrive

Windows Vista Business Edition

"There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who know binary and those who don't."
Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 02:10 PM   #14
Daemon Poster

you've still got a pretty halfway decent machine there it'll play almost anything you throw at it for a while yet.

-Red Communist- what you don't know probably will hurt you!
rdcmmnst is offline   Reply With Quote