X800Xl Or 6800gt?

jrsons601

Baseband Member
I want the card that will give me the best performance in Bf2 and games like that. Thanks. Iv heard mixed reviews about both cards. And also what card takes less power to run?

THANKS SOOOO MUCH,
CheeseJr

The X800XL though about the same specification, the 6800GT will probably perform a bit better, though not that noticeable probably in most games.

it depends really who you like best as a card manufacturer, though I don't like the drivers in ATI cards, and don't think they have some power Nvidia has.

I expect that they'll use about the same amount of power though.

Nvidia have definietly won me over in the years I've kept with ATI, as I have a Radeon 9800Pro now, i'll probably go for a Geforce 6600GT, so its up to you

I hope this helps :)

ya man thanks... Um iv always had problems with ATI but i thought if i got a higher end one it would be ok... I guess ill go with the 6800gt. I have a 6800 128 right now and i get some slow down in BF2 even on recommended setting. I really just want the card that ill be able to crank up the most and still be playable. Ill spend the extra money on the x800xt if it will really make a huge difference.

p4 3.2 ghz prescott
1 gig corshair
Evga 6800 128
400 wat psu

Hmm...what about the 6800Ultra? You can be sure you'll get no slowdown there.

Weird about slowdown on the 6800 standard though, thats a good card... and you have a good system too...Not that it would have made that much difference, but I wouldn't of gone with Evga.

You sure you've kept your card fully updated from the Nvidia site?

Thats weird that the 6800 would get a lag on BF2. you should check for updates like kage said. are you playing the BF2 demo(don't know if full is out), if so it just might be the game and not your card.

Yeah, I would advise you check you have the latest version. Video driver updates can help the video card alot with new games.

Plus if its a demo, this will be different than the full version, and might not run as fast please note, so Dishdogs right. Many people have had problems with it.

It is out, but has only been for a few days.

i have 6800gt amd 64 3800 (agp version), I get amazingly smooth frame rates with 64 people and all settings maxed out (higest resolution and highest aa and af). the only problem is my ram, i only have 512, so i get shit load of stuttering, i need 1 gig dual channel badly.

cheesejr i noticed you have a pentium 4 3.2ghz, overclock it to the max it can go without increasing the vore (your temperatures will not increase at all, maybe 1 degree higher, its the vcore that increase temperature insanely). with default cooling you should be able to get 3.6 maybe even 3.8. Trust me you are missing out alot if you dont overclock, pentium 4s are bad for gaming in general, i dont think you will see that much difference from 6800 128ddr to 6800gt if you dont overclock your cpu. right now your cpu is bottlenecking your 6800 128ddr. I know this stuff cause i had a pentium 4, got a 6600gt (bad performance), changed it to 6800 128ddr (same bad performance), then finally got 6800gt and amd 64 3800 (amazing performance).

If you were playing on the internet don't confuse a slow down in the game with lag. I played the BF2 demo on my friends' brothers PC, there really wasn't slow down except for lag and he has a x700. The demo isn't going to be as well as the full game. Did you also check your drivers?

The P4 probaly is bottlenecking you.

I am hoping that my PC will do well with the game. Not necessarily maxed (The game looks beautiful on low graphics)

Yo I have a xp-90c and it makes my teps stay under 38c most of the time depending on my room temp. I guess thats a good load temp. I really dont wana over clock and kill my parts tho...... So is there a safe program to do it?

If i did it would i make the life of my cpu shorter? Im def not doin it if it does. O and i turned off shadows and it ran alot better.... I dont really notice slow down on 32 man or 64 man its just every ounce in a while id get like turned around when i turn .... its wierd...

Back
Top Bottom