X800Pro Information

NOFX

Fully Optimized
Hey,
I got an X800 pro about a month ago. Not being much of a tech-head, I didnt really understand all of the doodads and watzits like 12pixel pipelines, and 512bit I think thats it. It would be great if people could give me a bit of a rundown on the Video Card so i can understand it better.

:D Cheers :D

NP, look at my sig, I built this PC for my Mom, and I got an x800 PRO. basically, the 256MB of 256bit RAMDACS means that this card has the ability to store up to 256MB of graphics demand and texturing at one time. The clock speeds are very high for an ATi card, and this means that the processor can perform much faster.

12 pixel pipelines basically means there are 12 "pipes" that mixel information can run down at extremely high speed. Imagine a highway. If you had a one lane highway, it wouldn't work very quickly, so you would make the speed limit like 20MPH. then you build a 4 lane highway, and increase speed limit to 60MPH. Then you get big, and build an eight lane highway, and increase speed limit to like 90MPH. then you make it a 12lane highway, and speed limit goes up to like 135MPH!! Finally, there is a 16lane super highway, with speed limit of around 200MPH!! Now that is fast and effecient!! I hope this cleared soem things up. The 12 pixel pipes allow for highspeed travel of pixel information and data to travel quickly, and not get blocked up.

Thanks that was a good way of explaining stuff.

BTW Your mum is damn lucky. :D

Back
Top Bottom