x800gto2 or 6800gs?

you just do it like any regular card. Just flash the BIOS to a X850XTPE and the windows will see it as an X850XTPE.

ownage said:
you just do it like any regular card. Just flash the BIOS to a X850XTPE and the windows will see it as an X850XTPE.
oh. well. i never had a video card. so this would be my first. so i just flash it with a different bios? is there a link to the bios? or someplace that has more info on this?
also, does the x850xtpe bios support shader model 3?

1. There are plenty of BIOSs around. Just look on some websites like ATi's. More info? Check ocforums.com. X850XTPE doesnt support SM3.0

ok lemme get this straight, so if i get an unlocked x800gto2, i can treat it as a x850xtpe? will it overheat or anything? and is the x850xtpe jus a x800gto2 with a different bios? oh also, i can just use any x850xtpe bios?

Pretty much, but you might have to edit the BIOS, which is very easy, to change the clock speeds just because of temperatures.

Look. Buy the x800GTO2. Google how to unlock it becuase it's chocked full of 'How Tos. Now unlock it. You will be fine. Problem Solved.

It's amazing how you can buy one card and transform it into another...makes me want to move to ATi. :)

Back
Top Bottom