x38 or 780i or?

serani

In Runtime
Ok so I am wanting to start my next PC in the next few months; my plan was to wait a little bit and snag a 780i, but with the reviews not showing to be anything above the P35's I am not pleased and am thinking about getting an x38 only to later upgrade to the 790i's;

So with that said, if I am looking to start this construction in the next couple months, is my best option an x38 ?

And to note, I am sticking with Intel on this one.

Thanks in advance ^ ^

780i worth it over the 680i?

I mean 680i runs hotter, but arn't they the same thing less tripple SLI?

I will be using SLI eventually.

780i worth it over the 680i?

I mean 680i runs hotter, but arn't they the same thing less tripple SLI?

I will be using SLI eventually.

The 780i has more processor supports (45nm quad-core where the 680 only supports the 45nm dual) and PCI Express 2.0. It's also supposed to run cooler, and be much more stable.

Anyone know an incoming price of the 780i's?

And that is when they actually come out, December tests are showing some issues with the 780i's

The 780i has more processor supports (45nm quad-core where the 680 only supports the 45nm dual) and PCI Express 2.0. It's also supposed to run cooler, and be much more stable.

So the 780i's are expensive to say the little, that off not a WHOLE lot more than the 680i's , I know this is more of an opinionated quesiton, but just looking for some feedback:

If 45nm isn't coming out until 3rd quarter 2008, by that time, isn't 790i projected to be underway in marketing?

Think it might be more reasonable to buy a 680i for now, (all the same hardware should be able to work on the 790i or thereafter, pending ram) only to upgrade to the 790i once I go 45nm

Thanks for any input on helping me decide, money isn't so much an issue, but I don't want to be a hasty dumbass :p

Yes, but the only difference between the 780 and the 790 is DDR3 support.

If your looking for good dependable board while you wait for the 790, and don't plan on OC'ing, look into some intel-brand motherboards.

Well I am going with a Kensington q6600

So, for now until the 790i's, maybe stick with a P35? around $180ish

If you buy a 680i right now EVGA has a thing where you can upgrade by paying the difference when the new board comes out.

http://www.evga.com/680iupgrade/

Edit: just noticed it expires in 44 days, but they may have a similar offer when the 790i comes out.

Back
Top Bottom