Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 01-17-2006, 09:05 PM   #1
In Runtime

Send a message via AIM to b182tm
Question X-530's-True Surround Sound?

Hey, I just got my new Logitech X-530s installed. I noticed that the rear speakers play the exact same thing as the front speakers. In surround sound on TV's and such, you usually hear different stuff on different speakers. For example, say a glass breaks behind a person, and on the speakers it comes out in say, the left rear speaker. It sounds like it actually fell behind you. You know what I mean? And in music, like it might have fades, and wipes, and highs and lows on different speakers so it has a true surround sound effect. Well, these speakers dont do that. Is it like a setting or something? Because the rear ones just made it louder, not really a better sound. Any ideas, suggestions?

Thanks,
Derek

Sorry if I made no sense, I just dont know how to explain it.

Old 01-17-2006, 09:33 PM   #2
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to ArrizX
Default Re: X-530's-True Surround Sound?

Well, are you playing consol games, or pc games. if pc games. Is everything hooked up right.. like all the connections, black, green, and yellow? And if you dont have that in the back of your computer, then you need a new sound card. And if you have a cable that takes the green, yellow, and black, and puts them all into a green connection, then you still need a new sound card.

But for a pc this is what you do..

Start > all programs > accessories > entertainment > volume control > speaker volume

And that should do it, and if not, then..

Start >control panel> sounds and audio devices > at the bottom look for speaker settings, and then >advanced > choose 5.1 speaker system.

()_) ()_)--o-)_)
ArrizX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 09:33 PM   #3
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to The Amish Kid

What soundcard do you have? Make sure you have your speaker settings set to 5.1 to. If you dont know how to do this go into the control panel click the sounds button then click sounds and audio devices. At the bottom you will see speaker settings make sure its at 5.1. I have those speakers to and with my x-fi sound card I get excellent surround sound.

EDIT: You beat me to it Arrizx
AMD Opteron 165 CCBWE 0551@ 2.25ghz(250 x 9) 1.45v cooled w/ Thermaltake Big Typhoon | DFI LP Ultra D | eVGA 7800GT@ 465/1110 | Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic | 2GB G. Skill DDR 500 @ 250mhz 3-4-4-8 | 80 GB SATA + 40GB SATA + 200GB IDE| 480w Thermaltake Silent purepower | Thermaltake Tsunami Dream case (Black) | Windows XP Pro |
The Amish Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 09:35 PM   #4
Golden Master

I typed faster

Haha, just messin
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
Old 01-17-2006, 09:38 PM   #5
In Runtime

Send a message via AIM to b182tm

Well, the rear speakers work great, I just thought they are supposed to play different sounds than the front. I have all my setting set to 5.1, I have a Sound Blaster Audigy 2ZS, so thats not the problem. Maybe I was just expecting too much...I thought the rear speakers played like highs, or lows, or different sounds and stuff. Maybe not? Dont get me wrong, I love these speakers. And I havent played games with them yet (PC), and no movies, maybe I just havent gotten a chance to get a good movie or game soundtrack in there to test. In fact, I am listening to some crazy rap right now, and it sounds surround....I dont know. Thanks a lot for the help guys.

Derek
Old 01-17-2006, 10:20 PM   #6
In Runtime

man i know what you mean listening to music not rly that great but damn man COD2 you can tell when someones is shooting your ass from behind lol these speakers are a great deal for the $$$ but ya play some pc games and you can hear gun shots form behind you and bombs and w.e lol music not so much games HELL YEAH !!!
venice 939 amd64 3500(2.5)/1 gig of gigaram 2x512/msi k3n sli motherboard/120 GB segate/80 GB/sound blaster live 24-bit/Logitec x-530/xfx 7800gt 256 475-1.1/3dmark05 7598 (jumped from 7575 to 7598 just by going from 400w to 500w psu :) )
golfer07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 11:38 PM   #7
Golden Master

Yeah.. I listen to rap too. You can't get the full effect of surround sound with that. You need to play a game. Loudly, and then, you will get the full effect.
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
Old 01-18-2006, 01:42 AM   #8
Golden Master

Aren't there volume controls for the rear speakers? I think they may just be set too high. Put it in the "Matrix" mode too.
Old 01-18-2006, 02:03 AM   #9
In Runtime

Im gonna go get those speakers for 50 usd is it worth it?
Old 01-18-2006, 02:04 AM   #10
Golden Master

They sound very nice for computer speakers, but not true surround sound like the Z-5500's. I use to have the Z-640 which was very similar to the X-530's (the X-530 being the newer model now) and everyone was impressed with the sound. For $50, it's worth it all the way.