Wtf Soundcard Not Recognized

Conspirate

In Runtime
W T F Soundcard?!?!?!

Hello again. Long time no see. Sorry for that caps-lock title. If it makes it any better, I was holding down shift, and it was just to get attention.

The piece of hardware in question is a Creative Soundblaster Live 24-Bit, which has worked flawlessly for the six or so months I have had my computer around.

Within the past few weeks, my computer has gone down the hill. It started lagging badly at times, adware started appearing out of nowhere, and most recently, complications with my sound card has arisen. The last time I turned my computer off, everything was working fine. However, today, when I go to open iTunes, it refuses to play any song. I thought this was strange, so i opened up another music file in another player. Although that will play the file, no sound comes out. I decided to check on the internet for a music file, the same thing. It plays the file, but no sound can be heard. I went to Sound Options, and it turns out, no longer is my soundcard recognized by Windows. I went to Creative Sound Options, and it gives me the error "The Audio Device supported by this application is not recognized. The program will exit". I tried reinstalling the drivers, but it wont let me since it is not reconized. This is really strange, not only because it was working the last time I turned on my computer, but that I can still hear OS sounds, such as an error notification or the windows start up. Can anyone make sense out of all of this? I am going to reboot regardless, but I am still interested in knowing.

Much appreciated as always,

Conspirate

unistall the software/drivers for the soundcard and reseat it. then install the software again.

Back
Top Bottom