wtf should i choose?

I think VAIOs are the best overall. Sony has always had a knack for the sexy-looking electronics. :p

I suggest a laptop, too, but that's just because I like them way more than desktops. It really depends on what you need and what you'll be using it for.

abowlofrice said:
alienware is only good for the brand and its looks, they are way over priced. if ur only looking for performance i would recommand a dell or vaio, but if u think brand and looks are the most important (with good performance ), they alienware. i would go with alienware, because u can go to ur friend and say "I have an ALIENWARE!!" and that would sound way cooler than "i have a dell..."

Well Alienware uses good vid cards in their laptops (usually the GO 6800 or something like that) I don't know if Sony and Dell do this, so if u want to play games I'd go with alienware. If u don't care about gaming with the laptop then I'd go for Sony Vaio.

compaqs are untapped sources. i was going to get one with 1 gig of pc3200 ram, 160 gig HD, 6200LE (crap), anthalon 64 3500 and a 939 socket motherboard for $650!!!! i cant get one so ill just upgrade my sh!tty-dell.

well, gaming is something i def. wanna do considering this is gonna be my only computer and i probably need it to last for atleast 3 years but tablet pc's look so cool, but its not just for school

well, like am i gonna be able to play things like the new elder scrolls thats going to come out if i get a laptop?

alright, alright, ill make the decision (sitting at the comp. for hours choosing...) im gonna go desktop. but what should i put inside it, i prolly wanna spend around 1.5 grand on the hardware because im gonna want about 500 dollars of software so yea, thats what ive got to work with, what OS should i go with besides XP?

other than XP, 2k is the only other OS i'd use...
Linux while nice, is really more trouble than it's worth IMO.

Back
Top Bottom