Wtf?

killthenakedcat

In Runtime
OK, so i got all my components today and installed everything into my Antec 900. I plug it in and turn it on AND....the mobo light comes on the fans turn on and the computer pretty much works...except for the graphics card sending a signal to the monitor. I checked both my new and old graphics card and neither of them worked. When I connected them to DVI connector I got "Check signal cable Analog" When I connected it to analog the screen just stayed black and the monitor light blinks. I took out one stick of RAM to see if that was it. I also tightened the motherboard(not too tight) and also loosened it a little bit after that and nothing happened. I know it is seated correctly on the spacers and does not move. ANY ideas on what it could be?

i just used the my 8500gt before building the new rig and it was fine. I really don't think it's the card. The new card is HIS HD 5770.

Does your motherboard have a video card built in? Can you hook it up like this? (See below)

29248d1249729057-new-via-epia-motherboard-new-via-epia-motherboard.jpg

You see that blue one all the way on the left? Does your motherboard have one of those?

No it doesn't I have an ASUS M4A79XTD

well im done fiddling tonight i gotta get some sleep before work in the AM. Will be back tomorrow around 5 pm EST to work on it and post on here some more. This happened to me with my first PC that I built, never figured out what the issue was. Kept getting issue and then all of a sudden I tried it one day and it was running , however I wish to know what the issue is this time.

i just used the my 8500gt before building the new rig and it was fine. I really don't think it's the card. The new card is HIS HD 5770.

I don't really understand this.. Are you using your old 8500gt or the new 5770? If you're using the new 5770 and your not receiving a signal follow Footheads advice and try your old card to rule out a bad card. (New cards can be DOA)

OK i got a picture now. I hadn't connected the xtra 4-pin atx power connector. However, now when it turns on it hangs at the ASUS EVO screen where it says "Press 4 for ACC, DEL for SETUP" I press 4 and DEL but nothing happens and YES my keyboard is hooked up.

Alright guys everything is fixed and resolved and my new rig is online and ready to go.

OK i got a picture now. I hadn't connected the xtra 4-pin atx power connector. However, now when it turns on it hangs at the ASUS EVO screen where it says "Press 4 for ACC, DEL for SETUP" I press 4 and DEL but nothing happens and YES my keyboard is hooked up.

Alright guys everything is fixed and resolved and my new rig is online and ready to go.

Lol, wow. Yeah, that' sort of important to have. Most video cards have them now-a-days, so you'll want to remember it from now on :p

Also, if you didn't know yet, the 57XX series has onboard audio that isn't half bad (not sure about the other series)

Back
Top Bottom