Wtf!?!?!

O O O i can answer one of your questions! FSB is front side bus. Front side bus is (im pretty sure) how quickly and how your computer access' it's memory.

and for what overclocking is, well i would like to know that too.

Alright, since you said you have an Intel CPU then you are uping your FSB. The multiplier is locked on Intel P4 chips (at least on the 533FSB chips), so the only thing you can do is raise the FSB.

So, you said that you went from 2.8 to 3.3GHz.

If you have a 533 FSB (actually 133 "quad pumped"), that means you have a multiplier of 21. That is locked that only thing that you can change is the FSB so, changing 133 to 157 will bump you up from 2.8 to 3.3GHz and that is a big bump.

killerdoberman said:
Alright, since you said you have an Intel CPU then you are uping your FSB. The multiplier is locked on Intel P4 chips (at least on the 533FSB chips), so the only thing you can do is raise the FSB.

So, you said that you went from 2.8 to 3.3GHz.

If you have a 533 FSB (actually 133 "quad pumped"), that means you have a multiplier of 21. That is locked that only thing that you can change is the FSB so, changing 133 to 157 will bump you up from 2.8 to 3.3GHz and that is a big bump.

I went to bios, clicked jumperfree config, and overclocked 20%. It did say something about multiplying by 21 on a scan of my computer using Eversest software. But i am positive that I went from 2.8ghz to 3.3ghz

Back
Top Bottom