Wow! My computer is going slow already!!!

shadygirl420

In Runtime
I was fooling around with photoshop, and its freezing up. Then the other day I was playing madden for awhile and it did it, but I had to turn of my pc because it stayed that way. Did the same thing with me on half life 2. I didnt think I would have to many issues with this new build. What should I do???

This could be video drivers, have you got the latest one? it could also be a program/software conflicting, Run your AV/ANTISPYWARE programs to See if it picks anything up, check your system temps with Speed fan or CPU COOL to see if you have a heat problem, check for dust round the CPU FAN & HEATSINC, clean if needed. run a registry repair program to check for errors.

What OS are you running?

runnin g a few cleanupo utilities such as cc cleaner could help too

Go to Start, All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, Disk Defragmenter. Click the Analyze button, and then click Defragment after the analyzing has been completed. However, if you click the Defragment button first, you'll be told your disk is being "analyzed," after which defragmenting will begin.
Another approach is to go to Start, My Computer, and right-click Local Disk C. Click Properties, Tools and you'll find buttons for Check Now and Defragment Now. Having done this, you may be told that these programs can't run without rebooting your computer, and asked if you'd like to run them the next time you restart.
If this all sounds rather convoluted, there is yet another approach. You can go to Start, Run and type CHKDSK. Click OK and WinXP's equivalent to SCANDISK will commence in a DOS window.

This could be video drivers, have you got the latest one? it could also be a program/software conflicting, Run your AV/ANTISPYWARE programs to See if it picks anything up, check your system temps with Speed fan or CPU COOL to see if you have a heat problem, check for dust round the CPU FAN & HEATSINC, clean if needed. run a registry repair program to check for errors.

What OS are you running?

I ran Speed Fan this is what i Got...
System-65
System 41
AUX 31
TEMP 51
HD0 31
HD1 32
Core0 35
Core1 35
Core 51

Im running XP

another of my most common cleanups is

start,
run,
msconfig,
startup,
uncheck items not needed on startup,

reboot,

also do all of your scans in safe mode always helps,

I was fooling around with photoshop, and its freezing up. Then the other day I was playing madden for awhile and it did it, but I had to turn of my pc because it stayed that way. Did the same thing with me on half life 2. I didnt think I would have to many issues with this new build. What should I do???

lol my computer is always slow, run ccleaner.

Back
Top Bottom