WoW Lagging

Was is always lagging? Whats is ur internet, what are ur settings on, what are ur specs??

If you have Vista, definitely put all the video settings to a minimum; otherwise it shouldn't be as bad but I'd try that anyway. Other than that, all I can suggest is to see what your latency and frames per second are, which you can do after patch 2.1 by just pointing to the green/yellow/red bar, (green is great, yellow is okay, red is not so good). What connection are you on? Dialup? Broadband; Wired or Wireless?

But I'm on dialup and I play with a constant red, sometimes yellow colored bar (500ms+ definitely) latency with barely any lag.

In capital cities on high population servers, you'll probably encounter lag no matter what your specs are.

Specs?

Telling us a game lags doesn't help us very much.

What are the specs of your computer?

What kinda of Internet connection you running on?

Specs
Windows XP
Clearwire-Internet
Nvidia GeForce 6600GT
MSI Motherboard P4MAM2-V
DVD Drive
Floppy Drive
1 GB of RAM
80 GB Seagate Hard Drive
Pentium IV CPU

reformat always fixes the problem although...

I am heavy into WoW, I read the forums all day at work and play when I get home. Since patch 2.1 ALOT of people are having FPS issues... I used to have 60 fps constant and now only in the outlands i have around 40fps. If you have less than 30fps with default video settings on that card then you should try reinstalling drivers or better yet reformat with a fresh system, I know alot of people try to stay away from reformatting though as it can be a pain. Make sure you have the latest OFFICIAL driver for your card. Also 2.1.2 (last tuesdays mini-patch) was supposed to fix alot of geographical errors although I didnt notice much of an increase.. It is a know problem at the moment that some people are getting lower fps ESPECIALLY in the outlands... So I would either wait till theres a fix or start reinstalling drivers.

Also use driver cleaner to get rid of any old files the drivers leave behind
If your currently using the latest official driver then you could try Omega Drivers http://www.omegadrivers.net

Edit: Another very common problem is if you are using additional addons the patches usually mess things up with them and cause stutter. disable all addons and see if that helps

Edit: here is a link from there tech support forum with a blizzard poster confirming low frame rate http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=108244826&sid=1

Back
Top Bottom