Wow I cant get anything to work.. PLEASE HELP

Tx3kgtman

Baseband Member
i just upgraded my motherboard to a KT600-A.. reinstalled windows and Ive had the CPU Frequency Jumper set to 100MHz which was default on the board. This only makes my cpu run at 1.10 Ghz. My processor is a AMD athlon 3200+ which is supposed to run at 2200 Ghz. i can set the jumpers to 200Mhz which will reconize my prossesor at what its supposed to be "3200+" but it freezes and reboots? in my bios even set at 100Mhz i can go to Computer Health Status and it says my cpu temp is 75-80 C????? I can set my jumpers to 166Mhz and it goes all the way up to 120-130 C???? then at 200 Mhz it shows the same temp but it puts a (-) in front of it... like (-)128C
.. Why does it do this... and why cant i run my cpu frequency at what its supposed to be running at without it rebooting and hanging.

ummm ok.. computers are odd.. took the cpu out and loked at it.. looked good... then put it back in and everything works great now.

Tx3kgtman said:
ummm ok.. computers are odd.. took the cpu out and loked at it.. looked good... then put it back in and everything works great now.

happens to all of us. one minute it won't work then bammm, it decides to like us,lol.

Back
Top Bottom