wow 80 cores

esa193

Fully Optimized
oh ya and imgain gaming mbey a virtual world were u play as the person

blimy! i thought quad core was alot but 80 core! thats more processor power than i will use in a year. are they going to take it in steps like 8 core 16 core 32 core or are they just gunna jump in with 80 core?

Fisher said:
blimy! i thought quad core was alot but 80 core! thats more processor power than i will use in a year. are they going to take it in steps like 8 core 16 core 32 core or are they just gunna jump in with 80 core?

they probably will take in steps due to cost constraints.

i guess im going to have to save about half a million dollars to get this... Yea, that would be unreal. One computer to run everything a company needs.

well from what they are saying, its not going to fit into an atx mobo. its going to be a customized mobo due to the size of the processor. But i bet more than likely it will over qualify for vista.

About the pricing, it will likely cost about the same as a modern top-of-the-line processor for a CPU. Remember, technology is exponentially exploding. Just 2 years ago dual-core was new, and around 2000 we broke the 1Ghz barrier in normal computers, and overall computer prices have gone DOWN as a whole. Just look at how specs in video cards, for example, are growing fast.

This is the wave of the future, and in about 10 years what we have today will be a joke ;)

tomirlik said:
About the pricing, it will likely cost about the same as a modern top-of-the-line processor for a CPU. Remember, technology is exponentially exploding. Just 2 years ago dual-core was new, and around 2000 we broke the 1Ghz barrier in normal computers, and overall computer prices have gone DOWN as a whole. Just look at how specs in video cards, for example, are growing fast.

This is the wave of the future, and in about 10 years what we have today will be a joke ;)

of course, 10 years ago what they had was a joke

Back
Top Bottom